Land and Waters Accepting 2022 Grant proposals
Land and Waters (L&W) is a component fund of the Initiative Foundation (IF) and serves as a
philanthropic vehicle for accumulating and distributing financial resources to benefit those in
the area of the Pine River Watershed. It was established through a partnership between
Whitefish Area Property Owners Association (WAPOA), The Pine River Watershed Alliance
(PRWA) and IF.
Grants will be made to 501c3 non-profits such as the Whitefish Area Property Owners
Association (WAPOA), other lake associations in the watershed, the Pine River Watershed
Alliance (PRWA), or local units of government that serve the Pine River Watershed.
Grants will be made only for proposals that fit one or more of the priorities listed below.
L&W will accept and consider funding proposals that fit within the following categories:
- Implement projects that enhance and protect surface and aquifer water quality in the
Pine River watershed.
- Support sustainable riparian land management practices.
- Protect habitat for native plants and animals.
- NOTE: Ongoing maintenance and capital expenditures will not be supported.
1. Fill out application form.
2. Email to Barb Courneya at BarBQT@aol.com.
3. L&W Advisory Committee will do an initial review and provide you feedback regarding
4. If the application meets guidelines and has merit, additional information will be
requested. The application will be entered into the Initiative Foundation system with
the help of a grant writer from PRWA.
5. After all applications have been entered into the Initiative Foundation system and the
deadline is reached a final review will be done by L&W Advisory Board.
6. Grant requestors will be contacted and informed of final decisions
1. Grant Application Form submission period is December 1, 2021 through March, 12022.
2. Additional requested information deadline is March 15, 2022.
3. Grant award date is April 1, 2022.
4. Total Grants to be awarded total up to $15,000.
5. The intention is that the project proposed will be completed in 2022.
If you have questions contact Barb Courneya.